Sipadan Water Village v2
Sipadan Island is located in Borneo and is the only oceanic island in Malaysia, rising 600 metres (2,000 ft) from the seabed. It is located in the Celebes Sea off the east coast of Sabah, Malaysia. It was formed by living corals growing on top of an extinct volcanic cone that took thousands of years to develop. Sipadan is located at the heart of the Indo-Pacific basin, the centre of one of the richest marine habitats in the world.
More than 400 species of fish and hundreds of coral species have been classified in this ecosystem. Sipadan Island was at the top of Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine Gold List for 'The Top Dive Destination in the World'.
Frequently seen in the waters around Sipadan:
- Green and hawksbill turtles (which mate and nest there)
- Enormous schools of barracuda in tornado-like formations
- Large schools of big-eye trevally
- Shoals of bumphead parrotfish eating and shitting at the same time
Pelagic species such as manta rays, eagle rays, scalloped hammerhead sharks and whale sharks also visit Sipadan.
The Resort: Sipdan Water Village
Sipadan Water Village is a beautiful resort constructed in the Bajau architectural style. The entire resort is built over the water on stilts, which are laid precisely so as to minimise damage to the surrounding reef.
Be wowed by the resort’s splendid water cottage accommodation, flowered sidewalks, sumptuous Asian and Continental cuisine, and impeccable, personal service.
Some of the best reefs in the world are literally at your doorstep. The resort’s experienced divemasters are specially trained in the marine ecology of the region, and will show you the natural beauty as well as impart their knowledge of marine life and a better understanding of the environment. This attitude and passion is what sets diving with Sipadan Water Village apart.
Kapalai and Mabul (where the resort is located), are world-renowned as macro “heaven on earth”, and the best dive sites are all less than 15 minutes away from the resort and are mostly in shallow water. Small creatures are not the only attractions here; one can never get tired of fish watching and the ample opportunities for photography. Be prepared to see countless remarkable creatures on one dive, be it cuttlefish, anemone shrimp, harlequin ghost pipefish, juvenile batfish or dragonets. The possibilities are endless!
Sipadan presents a very different diving environment from the other islands, being mostly a combination of wall and drift diving. Be prepared to be wowed by beautiful coral, gorgonian and sponge-covered walls, and of course, the turtles. Nowhere else on Earth can you see so many turtles on just one dive. There are also huge resident schools of barracuda circling the top of the reef.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Jetty Fees: RM 10 per person
- Land Transfers: Two Way Tawau Airport / Semporna Jetty / Tawau Airport
- Boat transfers (45 min per way): Semporna Jetty / Sipadan Water Village / Semporna Jetty
- Accommodation as per mentioned on top and Non-air-conditioned. (Air-conditioned rooms available in Standard Cottage & Deluxe Cottage at a top up of SGD 15 per person per night).
- Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner except on arrival and departure days.
- 3 guided boat dives daily with one dive per day to Mabul and Kapalai Island. Sipadan Island is subject to quota availability (minimum 1 day in Sipadan for this trip). EXCEPT ON ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE DAYS.
- Compulsory orientation dive on day of arrival at House Reef before any boat dives, subject to arrival time and Dive Center policy. To be completed before 5pm, otherwise postpone to next morning.
- Unlimited house reef dive from 6am until 6pm, subject to a minimum surface interval of 1 hour before doing limited House Reef dives. And strictly NO Diving 24 hour before flight.
- Waiver of 10% peak season surcharge for this special trip!
- Tourism Tax: RM 10 per room per night (pay when checking out)
- Diving Extras & Rental Equipment (see below)
- Liquor & soft drinks
- Any hotel or Meals on mainland
- Diving & Travel Insurance
- Malaysia Sales & Service Tax (6%) on any of the diving extras and/or other add-on incurred at Resort
- Sipadan Dive Permit (RM 140 per person per day)
- Nitrox Fill: RM 35/tank
- Extra Boat Dive for Sipadan trip (4th dive of the day): RM 150
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course: SGD 480
Diving Equipment Rental (per day)
- Full Set Diving Equipment Rental: RM 100
- Set: BCD & Regulator: RM 70
- Set: Mask & Snorkel: RM 35
- Set: Fins & Booties: RM 35
- BCD: RM 35
- Regulator: RM 35
- Mask: RM 20
- Snorkel: RM 15
- Fins: RM 15
- Booties: RM 20
- Wetsuit (Shorty): RM 35
Rental from Singapore (per day):
- Torch w rechargeable battery: SGD 8
- Dive Computer: SGD 12
- SMB: SGD 5
Note: All rentals are charged for full day. There would no half day rental. Additional charges is applicable in the event of lost or damaged items.